NORTH WEST ACCOMMODATION
The North West Province provides a complete tourism package, with breath-taking scenic beauty, rolling fields of maize, golden sunflowers and vast plains of untamed African bushveld. The various towns and suburbs offer a range of Bed & Breakfasts, guest houses, holiday apartments & suites, holiday cottages & chalets, holiday homes & Villas to self -catering options and 5 star luxury resorts and lodges.
WHEN TO VISIT
The summer time offers the ideal weather, however, every season offers its own delights it all depends on the type of experience the traveller seeks.
The regions summer months are from March to August where the temperatures range between 22 and 34ºC. The winter season is from May to July with dry sunny days and chilly nights where temperatures can range from 2 to 20ºC.
- The Pilanesberg Game Reserve which boats with the “Big Five”
- Enjoy fun filled outdoor activities with MANKWE GAMETRACKERS , the largest outdoor adventure activity business in the North West province for Game Drives, Bush Walks and Hot Air Balloon Safaris inside Pilanesberg National Park, and Quad Biking, Archery, Chimp & Zee rope adventure course, Team Building activities, and The Wallow, (a catered venue).
- aha Lesedi a multi-cultural village in Broederstroom
- River Rafting with Paddle Power in Broederstoom
- Hot Air Ballooning in The Cradle of Humankind
- Abseiling in Hartbeespoort Dam
- Museum, which has exhibits relating to the Siege of Mafeking, the Barolong people and the Bushmen.
- Baviaanskrans hiking route
aha IVORY TREE
aha Ivory Tree Game Lodge is situated within the Pilanesberg Game Reserve, one of the largest volcanic complexes of its kind in the world.
aha SHEPHERD’S TREE
aha Shepherd’s Tree Game Lodge is a magnificent lodge concession awarded by the North West Parks and Tourism Board within the existing Pilanesberg Game Reserve.
aha Madikwe River Lodge is beautifully situated on the banks of the Groot Marico River in the heart of Madikwe Game Reserve, offering guests a place to relax and unwind.
aha THAKADU RIVER CAMP
Set within a riverine canopy surrounded by an impressive diversity of fauna and flora, aha Thakadu River Camp offers guests beautifully appointed, 5-star tented suites.