ABOUT aha LESEDI LODGE
aha Lesedi is located in the heart of the African bushveld amidst the rocky hills within the Cradle of Humankind, a World Heritage Site. Discover the fascinating cultures and traditions of the people of Africa, visiting five traditional homesteads inhabited by Zulu, Xhosa, Pedi, Basotho and Ndebele tribes who live according to tribal folklore and traditions of their ancestors. “Our culture is the light of our nation – whoever walks here amongst our cultures at aha Lesedi can also see the light.”
If you are looking for a lapa to host memorable events, Tswana Letsatsi is ideal. This venue’s unique outdoor atmosphere is complemented by an authentic African ‘braai’ menu, as well as a stocked bar, to ensure any function is a great success.
Guests are also invited to enjoy the essence of Ubuntu at aha Lesedi, where the song, music and warmth of our cultural hospitality add a truly unique touch to your conference.
VIEW ROOMS, AVAILABILITY & BOOK ONLINE
Search for Rates
aha LESEDI SPECIALS
Day Conference Package
R395 per person
24 Hour Conference Package (single)
R1250 per person per night. BB.
24 Hour Conference Package (sharing)
R990 per person per night. BB.
All Packages include Cultural Tour and Dance Show
Valid until 31 July 2019
T’s & C’s Apply
- Venue Hire
- Morning Tea or Coffee with snacks, including either Hot Chocolate or Soup
- Mid-morning Tea or Coffee break with snacks, including either Hot Chocolate or Soup
- Mid-morning Tea or Coffee
- Buffet lunch with 1 soft drink
- Standard Equipment – data projector, screen, flipchart, markers, notepads, pens
- Free WiFi
- Spear Throwing – Teams experience – the thrill of competing against each other in the ancient art of throwing the Isipaphe (Throwing Spear)
- Shaya Ukhamba – Teams enjoy the fun of competing in this traditional African drinking game which teaches the traditional etiquette of beer drinking whilst competing the Ukhamba
- Lesedi Cultural Quiz – Take a tour through our villages followed by lots of action in our quiz game as each team sounds their own particular African instrument to signal that they can answer questions based on their village experience
- Drum Circle – About 60 minutes of interactive drumming with every participant receiving their own drum. Learn the skills and fun of African drumming
- Traditional Ingoma Dance Competition – Teams are adopted by one of Lesedi’s five villages who teach each team some basic African dance movements followed by a dance competition
- Potjiekos Competition – Teams will be provided with various ingredients to cook a poitjie. The team will then have to prepare their meal and their table using items provided. (Ingredients offered at an additional charge)
- Gumboot Dance Lessons – Put on a pair of Gumboots and learn to dance in the traditional South African way. Then split into teams and compete to be the best dance group.
aha LESEDI ROOMS
aha LESEDI DINING
aha Lesedi invites guests to enjoy a gastronomic feast incorporating dishes from the far corners of Africa in its three-tiered restaurant, Nyama Choma, which means “The Great African Feast”.
NYAMA CHOMA RESTAURANT
Experience the integral element of African culture and the way food forms part of its celebration of an eclectic mix of cultures. The 160-seater restaurant is an authentic setting with vibrant decor and offers an exotic buffet with meat delicacies ranging from ostrich to crocodile. The restaurant is divided into three venues:
East Africa – murals of the Maasai, the beautiful people of the East
South Africa – murals of the nine tribes of South Africa
North Africa – The Nile Room (where guests sit cross-legged on floor cushions at low tables)
Each of these spaces offers its own unique dining experience, where you can delight in the variety of colours, sights, smells, tastes and sounds of the various African customs – all of which are complemented by the tradition-inspired and friendly service.
Lesedi’s Fundudzi Bar or Ma Thabeleng’s Shebeen offers a lively location to socialise and enjoy drinks with friends.
Ma Thabeleng’s Shebeen
Join us at this inviting bar for traditional African drinks, established to keep the wonderful cultures of “Mama Africa” alive! We will gladly prepare and host entertaining shebeen lunches to complement your stay.
Our lapa is ideal for informal functions and outdoor parties, or as an alternative dinner venue. It seats up to 120 people in a unique setting with burning fire pots surrounding the walls and a grand bonfire as a central feature.
To add to the bushveld atmosphere, soft, white river sand make up the floor and guests can enjoy a ‘braai’-inspired menu and an exciting buffet of African dishes. A fully stocked bar is also available.
NORTH AFRICAN NILE ROOM
The Nile Room reflects the traditions and style of the people of the North who are reliant on the mighty Nile River. Guests sit cross-legged on floor cushions at low tables with a hubbly-bubbly.
The décor and murals represent the history of our Northern neighbours, the slave trade, the explorations of David Livingstone and the influence of the Arabian traditions, cultures and food. This is an ideal venue for private functions, birthday parties or celebrations of up to 40 people. A popular alternative is to hire a belly dancer.
Ingoma (Dance) Boma
Our traditional Isibaya or Great Hut is an ideal venue for buffet or BBQ- or ‘braai’-style functions for up to 50 guests.
aha LESEDI CONFERENCING
Extensive conference facilities and African teambuilding activities make aha Lesedi an ideal venue for corporate outings. This unique conference venue breathes new life into company conferences, functions and special events with the spirit of Ubuntu’s music and song, and the warmth of Africa’s hospitality.
Besides injecting an authentic and memorable flavour into any occasion, our dedicated team are available for assistance to help ensure guests are provided with an African experience to cherish forever.
Conveniently located in the rolling Magaliesberg hills, close to Hartbeespoort Dam, aha Lesedi is a mere 45-minute drive from Johannesburg’s CBD, 30 minutes from Sandton, and 45 minutes from Pretoria.
Our 30-hectare tranquil and peaceful setting offers delegates a charming and different ambience for all kinds of corporate functions. Most of our 120 staff live in the village, the hub of aha Lesedi’s cultural experience.
LESEDI CONFERENCE VENUE OFFER:
- Day conference packages
- African-themed teambuilding activities
- Cultural programmes and tours
- 5 conference facilities with seating capacity from 25-120 delegates
- 5 dining venues offering a range of menus
- Fully inclusive overnight packages (incl. a stay in one of 5 luxury African-themed villages)
- Flexible programmes tailored to your specific needs and budget
aha LESEDI LODGE ACTIVITIES
aha Lesedi is situated in the beautiful Magaliesberg and offers a variety of exciting activities to please adrenaline junkies and more relaxed tourists alike. Enjoy a scenic cableway ride, be on the lookout for the Cape Vulture colony, and choose any of the following to add to your getaway experience:
Close to Hartbeespoort Dam in the Magaliesberg, aha Lesedi offers game drives, walking trails, golf courses and more.
With craft markets, horse riding, bird watching, tennis, bowls and several excellent golf courses, we cater for everyone. To add to your bushveld getaway, choose a scenic cableway ride to the top of the Magaliesberg, or visit the aquarium, bird park and local zoo.
The famous De Wildt Cheetah breeding farm is situated on the northern slopes of the Magaliesberg, and a Cape Vulture colony resides on the southern cliff face. There is also a choice of restaurants and special pubs in the area, including a floating restaurant on the Dam. Ox-wagon trails are available and the well-known Sterkfontein and Wonder Caves, together with the Rhino Reserve, are situated a few kilometres south of aha Lesedi.
The area around Hartbeespoort Dam offers shopping hotspots and is a favourite locale for artists who exhibit their paintings, sculptures, handmade dolls, furniture and a wide variety of original clothing.
ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
Our lovely staff at aha Lesedi will be pleased to assist you in arranging a variety of activities close to Magaliesberg and Hartbeespoort Dam.
- Game drives
- 4×4 trips
- River Rafting
- Horse riding
- Quad biking
- Microlight flips
- Hot air ballooning
- Interaction with elephants
- The Cradle of Humankind
VIEW aha LESEDI LODGE
aha LESEDI LODGE CONTACT