The Limpopo province is described as a place of ancient civilizations and myths. It is one of South Africa wildest and most untamed provinces. Located on the most Northern part of the country, it borders Botswana, Mozambique and Zimbabwe, making it the gateway to other African countries.
The province is steeped in cultural heritage, magnificent landscape and an abundance of wildlife species.
There are various accommodation establishments that range from 5-star luxury lodges, hotels, guest houses, bed & breakfast, self-catering, holiday apartments & suites, holiday cottages & Chalets, Holiday Homes & Villas.
WHEN TO VISIT
The best time to the province and especially the Kruger and most wildlife parks is from May to September; it’s the dry season and draws animals around waterholes and rivers, it’s an excellent opportunity to witness a variety of wildlife. It’s advised to stay away during South African school holidays.
May and September are the best times to visit because it is less cold.
Limpopo province definitely deserves to be at the top of any travellers list and offers many attractions.
- Kruger National Park.
- The Limpopo River that flows through it, it’s the second-largest river in Africa, after the Zambezi and flows eastwards towards the Indian Ocean;
- The Modjadji cycad forest
- Modjadji Nature Reserve
- Lake Fundudzi & Thathe Vondo Forest
- The Mapungubwe Heritage Site and The Ribolla Cultural Route
- The provinces protected areas and nature reserves are among the best on the African continent.
- Amazing traditional and contemporary arts and crafts, wood carvers, potters and sculptors.
- Magoebaskloof Spring Festival
aha MAKALALI MAIN LODGE
aha Makalali Private Game Reserve is located west of the Kruger National Park to offer guests an ethnic-style retreat within 26 000 hectares of bushveld in the North-eastern Lowveld.
aha MAKALALI RIVER LODGE
aha Makalali River Lodge is located west of the Kruger National Park where you can look forward to spotting the Big 5 (buffalo, elephant, lion, leopard, rhino), as well as the cheetah, wild dog, giraffe, zebra and kudu.