Update on COVID-19
Dear Valued Guest
At aha Hotels & Lodges, the health and safety of our guests and team members remains our highest priority. In challenging times such as these we believe that coming together as a business to help fight the spread of coronavirus is our only viable choice.
The spread of COVID-19 is a crisis that cannot be taken lightly. We extend our utmost sympathy and support to those affected during this challenging time and hope for a speedy resolution to the situation.
We are also hopeful that both resilience and proactive measures will aid in getting the pandemic firmly under control on a global scale. At aha Hotels & Lodges, we believe that this starts at home.
Hygiene has always been an extremely high priority at every aha property. In response to our current circumstances, even more stringent hygiene standards are being formally enforced. Regional inspections are ongoing, in order to ensure that standards are maintained, and we have taken several additional measures, developed in consultation with public health authorities:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning our public areas including lobbies, lifts, door handles, public bathrooms, motor vehicles etc.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitisers across all properties. And Hychem has also installed additional hand sanitisers at aha Hotels & Lodges Head office.
- All staff have been instructed to maintain rigorous hand hygiene and to minimise physical contact wherever possible.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols have been implemented in guest rooms, both before and after occupation, with special attention paid to high-contact items.
- Back of house spaces occupied by staff – such as kitchens, offices and break areas – are equipped with instructional material to keep staff aware of hygiene protocols, and more rigorous cleaning schedules are in place.
Consultation with the public health authorities is an ongoing process. As the aha Hotels & Lodges team receives more pertinent information, we will readily keep all associates and guests updated on any new developments or measures we put into place in order to combat the spread of COVID-19.
We have activated our regional management teams to provide around-the-clock assistance to our hotels. The teams have been prepared to act swiftly should we be alerted to a suspected case of coronavirus at any of our properties.
Should you not feel well or suspect that you are at risk, please do not go to the public areas. Please call the duty manager and he will, in turn, get a health practitioner to contact you. aha Hotels & Lodges remains committed to offering you and our team peace of mind that we are being proactive in minimising risks in these difficult times.
At aha Hotels & Lodges, we will continue to operate in the best interests of wellbeing for our guests and staff. We are confident that by coming together to face this health crisis, we can get the situation under control and maintain stringent hygiene at all our properties – now and for the foreseeable future.
Chief Executive Officer